Have you considered digital advertising, but you are unsure if advertising dollars spent on digital ads produce real results? It can be difficult to know whether you should continue using traditional advertising strategies that have worked for your law firm in the past or if you need to switch to newer marketing trends to keep up with the current methods people use to locate, research, and hire attorneys.
Some attorneys believe there is no reason to change something that is working. However, that marketing strategy can be risky, especially considering that market trends are constantly changing and evolving. If a law firm does not keep up, they could miss the opportunity to reach thousands of potential clients each year.
EMC helps law firms develop marketing strategies that are affordable and designed to reach a broad range of individuals. Some firms prefer traditional marketing tools, such as radio and TV ads or billboard advertising. Other firms are convinced that digital advertising is the best way to reach clients. Because EMC utilizes traditional and digital advertising strategies, we help law firms choose the marketing tools that meet their budgets and needs.
If you are unsure which advertising strategy will help your law firm increase visibility, we can help. Let’s discuss some of the pros and cons of traditional advertising and digital advertising to help you gain a better understanding of the potential benefits of each advertising strategy.
Pros and Cons of Traditional Advertising
Traditional advertising methods include print advertisements in newspapers and magazines; direct mail; broadcast ads on radio and television; and, outdoor advertising on billboards, benches, city buses, and signs.
Benefits of Using Traditional Advertising
- Print ads are tangible. A person may keep a magazine or a newspaper and see the ad again.
- Traditional advertising provides access to a local market. Local advertising helps build and maintain branding. It also improves brand memory.
- Memory retention increases as people see your ads repeatedly in a local market.
Disadvantages of Using Traditional Advertising
- It can be difficult to track the success of traditional advertising methods. There is a severe lack of ROI data and targeting ability to ensure that the cost of traditional advertising is justified.
- The cost of traditional advertising can be much higher compared to the cost of digital advertising.
- It can be difficult to target specific groups. Traditional advertising relies on placing the ad out there in hopes that it reaches the right individuals.
Pros and Cons of Digital Advertising
Digital advertising includes the use of Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other forms of social media; videos on YouTube and other forums; Bing Ads, Google Ads, and other search ads; and, banner ads, Google Display, Network, and other display ads.
Benefits of Using Digital Advertising
- Digital advertising can be launched in a single day to begin seeking immediate results through measurable views and clicks.
- Your ads can go viral as individuals share videos, blogs, tweets, and other posts.
- You can track how many people view your digital ads, which provides important ROI data.
- There is a greater opportunity for interaction as individuals click links to additional online content and websites.
- Law firms can target both local and national audiences.
- Some platforms, like Google Ads, allow law firms to display ads for individuals who are actively searching for legal services.
- Online content can be modified and changed quickly and frequently without a high cost. A mixture of evergreen content with current trending content helps increase the number of individuals who see the advertising.
Disadvantages of Using Digital Advertising
- Platforms are constantly changing the features and rules to improve advertising. Digital advertising strategies must be updated to reflect the changes and updates made by platforms.
- It can be time-consuming to monitor digital advertising and continue to add new content on websites and other platforms.
Choosing Between Digital Advertising and Traditional Advertising
There is a strong argument for using tools from both marketing strategies for your law firm. Traditional advertising continues to be very useful for law firm advertising and marketing. However, the benefits of digital advertising cannot be ignored.
Targeting, increased ROI data, lower CPM, and the ability to keep pace with current marketing trends makes digital advertising extremely appealing. Individuals spend increasing amounts of time online. Law firms that incorporate the best of both marketing methods can increase their brand and attract the greatest number of potential clients.
If you are interested in exploring the different advertising strategies for law firms, contact EMC. We utilize traditional and digital advertising in our marketing and advertising strategies to give your law firm maximum exposure.