At EMC Advertising, we specialize in helping law firms increase their cases and client base. Put simply, we help our law firm clients leverage the internet to increase more sales, more calls and more leads. While there are millions of tips and techniques for online marketing, here are our top (5) five.
- Keyword Research. Always start with your research. You need to know where your clients are searching, what they are searching for, and the phrases and keywords they use most often. Google Keyword Planner is a free online source where you can get certain information on keywords, such as how many searches they have per month, as well as suggested keywords which may be relevant to your law firm. We recommend compiling a list of 10-20 relevant keywords with decent search volumes to start.
- Optimization. To really target a keyword or phrase, you need a relevant page on your website where that keyword is implemented frequently. This may seem like common sense, yet it is possibly the most important step in a law firm lead generation campaign. There is, however, more to it than just simply adding keywords. By adding too many of the same keywords, it will actually harm your rankings. To get this right, you should keep a close eye on your ‘keyword density’ (i.e. the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page). And it’s not just about putting in keywords and hoping that Google picks them up – ultimately you need to providing useful, valuable legal and practical information for your readers and, generally, the more content you can introduce in to your web pages the better. We recommend 600 – 1000 words per page.
- Internal Link Building. Once you have optimized your website with relevant keywords, it’s important to start building links. Doing this will both help the user and search engines like Google find the most important pages on your website. You can accomplish this by manually linking keywords on each page. However, depending on the size of your website, it might be easier to have some help.
- External Link Building. Next, you should start gaining external links by reaching out to other influential sites and ask them to link to your website. This sounds easy, however it can prove to be difficult and time consuming. Online directories, like Avvo, or linking your website to your bar association is a great way to start.
- Website Speed. Website speed is important for both your users and SEO. A faster loading website will increase interaction with your potential new clients, leading to a lower bounce rate, and in return a better SEO ranking. Before attempting this, you should access your website’s speed. Google has a great speed tool. Just analyze your website, and Google will help you with the rest.
If you follow our top 5 steps, you should see an improvement in your rankings. Just remember these tips are nearly scratching the surface on getting and maintaining those leads. If your firm is looking for more calls, more clients, and more cases, let EMC Advertising help you! We have affordable monthly packages for almost any budget. Contact us today!