When it comes to online competition, you’re one of millions of sites. So how do you get visitors, and more importantly, get found? Check out these five (5) simple steps to ensure your website is being found, ranking well and getting in front of your potential clients.
- Fresh Content. Think of content like bread. It lasts for a few days, and over time it starts to get stale. EMC recommends doing a “content sweep” yearly. This means retyping your main web pages with newer and trendier words, reviewing your target keywords, and ensuring your contact information is up to date. This will let Google know your still very relevant, and update your potential clients at the same time.
- Relevant Keywords. This is where research is key. You have to be in the mindset of a potential client who is searching the internet for an attorney. Attorneys may use the “correct or legal term” while someone searching may use an abbreviation or other similar words. Think of it this way: if someone is hurt, they aren’t going to necessary search personal injury attorney, they might search accident attorney, or car crash lawyer.
- Mobile Friendly. With more and more people needing content on the go, it’s important that your website displays perfectly on an array of devices such as Androids, iPhones, iPads and more. If the content isn’t easily accessible on a potential clients’ phone within 8 seconds, odds they’ve moved on to the next search result.
- Location, Location, Location. Local SEO is a huge, and often overlooked part of a website. When potential clients are on their phones, they often look at a map, or google to find something close. Appearing on numerous search engines, maps, and local directories is a must.
- Design. You want your clients to know your “with the times”. Your website should reflect your firm: up to date, professional, and well- laid out. First impressions matter, and you want your potential client to know they can trust you, without overwhelming you with information.
These tips may seem easy, but to someone not well versed in marketing will see these tips as a challenge. Let the law firm marketing experts at EMC Advertising take away the stress of the ever-changing web world, and keep you being seen by potential clients. We’re here to help, so contact us now!